Saturday, January 4, 2014

Stacking the Shelves 2


Stacking The Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

This is a smaller Christmas haul than normal. Instead of loads of books I got an amazing new computer-tablet (the Yoga or Yogi or whatever). It's sooo amazing and I love it. Without further ado, here are the newest books on my shelf and a bit of a glimpse of 2014 reviews to come!

My mother-in-law gave me this and the next book on the list. I am sooo excited about this book! It was on my WoW list and Kontis made my list of 2013 great author finds. This morning I was finally able to crack it open and so far it's beyond fun!


 Geek out time! A graphic novel about Richard Leakey's angels! Soo good. The art is interesting but the glory lies in the story. These writers do their research, producing strong narratives and informative pieces. If you're a teacher this is a must read so you can use it to grab some of those reading haters and/or those science haters as well.

Hell yeah!!!! This is the most visually grabbing, how-to book ever. It will take me forever to read partly because it's so dense, partly because I want to savor and enjoy every moment, soak in every detail and piece of advice.

An exciting loan from a friend. An adult Mead - nothing else needed.

My little brother dug this out of the depths of lost books at the store for me. It should be a quick, fun read with series potential.

The D.P. Yes, amazing bitterness lies within those covers. Wit, sarcasm, gossip, and most. Stay tuned!

 More for research, reference, and life than reading straight through, good stuff though.

This has been on my list for a hot minute, my husband is reading it first but then it goes to me. Yeah! 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog :D
    And thank got we don't have to switch from ya to adult because of our age. lol. ;)
    Not that I only read ya.
    And I see you got a great haul. Nice books. I hope you enjoy reading them.

    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul - Ready Player One was a fun read, but probably wouldn't have worked nearly as well for me were it not for all the 80s references. Definitely nostalgia fueled!

    Thanks for stopping by My STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gameboard of The Gods looks fantastic, it has been on my wishlist for ages! Enjoy :D

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul.

    I put Hero on to my Wish List last week thanks to haul posts. Primates sounds interesting, so I've put that on my list as well.

    Enjoy your reads.

    Please feel free to check out my haul at http://thewanderingbookworm.wordpress.com/2014/01/04/book-haul-christmas-2013-haul-part-two/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for stopping in and looking. I'm sooo excited you're adding Hero and Primate to your list! Hero is very fun and Primates is soo cool. Enjoy!

      Delete
  5. Wow, all these covers are gorgeous! Happy reading and thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete